non-static method gotcha
I was getting an compiler error message: non-static method cannot be
referenced from a static context. I am quite familiar with the
message, and normally I know what the problem is. This time I was
hitting a brick wall trying to figure it out. See if you can see the
problem. Hint, enum possibilities are their own little classes.
* Simulate manual submit
* @param pad URL of the pad xml file we are
String submit( String pad )
> > > > > > > > > > return submitViaPost( "/checkadd.php",
"psubmit", "Submit PAD File"
}, // end ABASOFT
* submit pad via POST with given parms
* @param action action, usually with lead /
* @param postParms parm=value pairs, including parmurl=pad
* @return text the website sent back.
private String submitViaPost( String action, String... postParms )
* Submit the PAD to this submission site.
* @param pad URL of pad e.g. http://mindprod/pad/fileio.xml
* @return what site said back, raw.
abstract String submit( String pad );
} // end SubmissionSite
scroll down for the solution
The trick in you have to remove the private on submitViaPost.
Roedy Green Canadian Mind Products
"Climate change is no longer a doomsday prophecy, it?s a reality."
~ Astrid Heiberg president of the International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies