On 3/16/2010 6:20 PM, Tony Yan wrote:
Knute, what is EDT?
He probably means one or more of
* Eastern Daylight Time, the civil time standard now in
effect where I live.
* A text/source editor for (Open)VMS.
* Eau de toilette, a range of perfume strengths.
* Ensconce Data Technology, maker of data-destruction products.
* Estelle Development Toolkit, a suite of tools for formal
specification and analysis of communicating systems.
So, choose whichever of these makes the most sense in context.
Oh, and there's a faint chance that he meant the Event
Dispatching Thread on which most Swing activities occur.
It's long been recognized that three-letter acronyms (TLA's)
are in limited supply, and that most of them have already been
used several times. There's a move afoot to increase the
supply of TLA's by making them longer, so you can expect to see
four- and five-letter TLA's any day now.